Move-out day is just around the corner! Don’t forget to check your tips and tricks for cleaning before you move out. If you’ve renewed your lease with us, we look forward to another amazing year with you at 18 Seventy-Nine.
- Enjoy our refreshing saltwater pool and brand-new umbrellas!
- We’re running the shuttle for both summer sessions starting at 7 a.m.
- We’ve started parking lot construction and repairs, which will continue throughout the month. Please keep an eye out for this when parking your vehicle.
Reminders & Updates
- With the heat rising, make sure you save on electricity by turning the temperature up in your apartment to 75–78 degrees. Also, make sure your fan is on auto. This is a great way to save some money this summer!
- Locked out of your apartment after hours or have an emergency maintenance request? Call the office at (936) 436-0900 for help. For any outside emergencies, please call 911 immediately.
- Rent is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees will be applied on the 4th.
- We’ll begin entering units to make them ready for incoming residents. We thank you for your patience during this time.
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal!
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
- Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Community Events Calendar
Christmas in July — All Month — Have old clothes and shoes you don’t want to pack? Bring them to the office and we’ll donate them!
Popsicles at the Pool — Monday, July 3 from 1–5 p.m. — Come get your red, white, and blue popsicle by the pool, cool off from the heat, and celebrate Independence Day with your friendly staff at 18 Seventy-Nine!
18 Seventy-Nine Big Giveaway — Monday, July 10 — Were you entered into our big giveaway? Today is the day to find out who wins! We’re giving away a free three-bedroom/three-bathroom apartment for a whole year and a $5,000 gift card!
July Birthdays — Wednesday, July 12 from 10 a.m.–6 p.m. — Come celebrate July babies! We’ll have cookies and cake in the office all day.
What’s Your Guess?! — July 12–14 @ noon — Stop by the office and guess how many M&M’s are in the jar. Whoever guesses the closest will win a summer style basket with a $10 gift card to Bahama Buck’s, a T-shirt, an 18 Seventy-Nine bag, a PopSocket, a water bottle, a waterproof phone case, and the jar itself!
Painting with 18 Seventy-Nine — Wednesday, July 12 from 6–8 p.m. — Join us to paint your VERY OWN masterpiece!
Campfire Cones — Friday, July 14 from 6–8 p.m. — Remember those wonderful nights at summer camp with s’mores by the camp fire? Join us in recreating s’mores into campfire cones with endless toppings!