Summer time is here, and so is the heat! Make sure to always apply sunscreen when spending a lot of time outside! SPF 30 is great for any outdoors activity
- Head to the office and enjoy our refreshing saltwater pool!
- We’ll be running the shuttle for both summer sessions starting at 7 a.m.
- Keep an eye out for some more awesome upgrades coming to the property this summer.
Reminders & Updates
- With the heat rising, make sure you save on electricity by turning the temperature up in your apartment to 75–78 degrees. Also, make sure your fan is on auto. This is a great way to save some money this summer!
- We’ve updated some of our pool furniture. Come by and check it out!
- Locked out of your apartment after hours or have an emergency maintenance request? Call the office at (936) 436-0900 for help. For any outside emergencies, please call 911 immediately.
- Rent payments: Rent is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees will be applied on the 4th.
- If you have any questions regarding the payment portal or about your account, please see the front office.
Summer Like a Local
Whether you’re going home or staying put for the summer, take advantage of all our community has to offer! Summers can be a great chance to enjoy the area in some new and different ways. With the hectic pace of school, many students miss out on opportunities to get involved and have fun in their local community during the academic year — it’s time to change that! From festivals to parks and local attractions, below are some ways you can summer like a local. As a bonus, most of them are either free or very affordable!
- Do something touristy
- Visit a farmers market
- Check out a local sporting event
- Visit your Chamber of Commerce website to find out about local attractions
- Find a calendar of nearby fairs and festivals
- Enjoy Fourth of July festivities and fireworks
- Hike or bike a nearby trail
- Volunteer with a local organization
- Have a picnic
- Go to an outdoor movie or concert
- Run or walk a local 5K
We’ll also be planning events and activities for you throughout the summer, and if you need ideas for other fun things to do in the area, please let us know. We have information on area resources and a local calendar of events on hand to give you plenty of options. Have a memorable and fun summer!
Community Events Calendar
Happy Birthday June — Thursday, June 1 from noon–3 p.m. — Celebrate June birthdays with us in the resident café, where there will be some sweet treats!
Snow Cones and Fun — Wednesday, June 7 from 4:45–6 p.m. — Who doesn’t love snow cones on a hot summer day? We’ll be serving some delicious snow cones in the clubhouse and have pool games outside at the pool!
Pajama Movie Night — Thursday, June 15 from 6–11 p.m. — Did someone say onesie? Make sure you keep up with our social media for a fun PJ movie night in the resident café area! We’ll be voting on Facebook and Twitter.
National Selfie Day — Wednesday, June 21 from 11 a.m.–4 p.m. — Impress us with your selfie skills! Come take a picture with an 18 Seventy-Nine staff member and enter for a chance to win all in honor of National Selfie Day!
Luau with 18 Seventy-Nine — Friday, June 23 from 2–6 p.m. — Grab your hula skirt and come luau with us at the pool! Enjoy fun and food on us!