Welcome to all of our new residents! Make sure to stop by the office for Welcome Week from August 21–25. Get ready for a great school year and, as always, eat ’em up Kats!
- Catch the shuttle starting at 7 a.m. for all of your classes.
- Stop by the front office and get to know the office staff.
- Make sure you check us out at all of the SHSU tailgates.
Reminders & Updates
- Rent is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees will be applied on the 4th.
- Beat the heat and relax in our amazing saltwater pool! Just don’t forget that glass items are prohibited.
- Locked out of your apartment after hours or have an emergency maintenance request? Call the office at (936) 436-0900 for help. For any outside emergencies, please call 911 immediately.
- Our resident hallway is open 24 hours, 7 days a week for your enjoyment! Hit the gym, study rooms, or computer lab at any time you wish.
- Need to put in a maintenance request? No problem. Just log in to your resident portal or stop by the front office.
Make This Your Best Year Yet!
Welcome to a brand-new academic year. You’re off to a great start having chosen to live at a Campus Advantage community. Our goal is to give you an amazing experience! We’ll be providing you with events, resources, and information to help you thrive.
With that goal in mind, we asked returning residents and Campus Advantage team members for their tips! Here’s some of what they had to say:
- Meet your neighbors. Create memories that will last a lifetime!
- Don’t hesitate to get involved. The only things you will regret are the things you didn’t do.
- This is your journey to success! Make a difference, make friends, and make a life!
- Keep an open mind, and take care of one another. You are part of a community, not just a housing facility.
- Set goals for this year. What do you want to experience and accomplish? Make it happen!
- Get to know the staff! The entire team is here to help you succeed.
- Tell us how we can serve you better! Whether it’s an idea for an event or a concern about the community, we want to hear from you.
- Find balance between academics and a life outside of the classroom.
- If you have roommates, set mutual expectations now to avoid future conflicts.
- Join the fun! We’ll have community events for you to join and enjoy all year. Let us know what else you want to see.
We’re passionate about your success, not only in your living experience, but in all areas. Thank you for being part of this community. We look forward to making this your best year yet!
Community Events Calendar
Campout Crafts — Monday, August 21 from 6:30–8 p.m. — Come and craft with the 18 Seventy-Nine staff! We’ll be making décor for your new home and toys for your pets.
Glow with 18 Seventy-Nine — Tuesday, August 22 from 6:30–7:30 p.m. — Get your DIY on with us by crafting firefly glow jars!
Water Races — Wednesday, August 23 from 6:15–8 p.m. — Beat the heat and join us for a water relay race in the pool area!
Chillubus Night — Thursday, August 24 from 6:30–8 p.m. — Come chill with us during Chillubus Night! Get to know the 18 Seventy-Nine staff by hanging out with us in the office. There will be board games and more!
S’more Sundaes — Friday, August 25 from 6:30–8 p.m. — Come and grab s’more sundaes! Cool off with your favorite treat, and top it off with some great goodies.